Sudden problems can cause worry to anyone, and initially it tends to feel helpless to the person facing the problem. In order to counter the unexpected issues which we face, it is important to understand the issue clearly and then jump to solutions. Once such problem which computer/laptop users face worldwide is the “Critical structure corruption” error because of which users are unable to perform tasks further. It is a blue of death error and is commonly faced by the users of Windows 10.
The two main reasons why this error occurs are the following.
- This error occurs due to corrupted hardware, for example, a faulty memory card.
2. Driver changing the critical kernel code or data accidentally.
It is quite easy to fix this error though it might seem complex to fix at first glance. In this article, we have listed down the various methods which you can use to fix this method easily and quickly.
Methods to Fix Critical Structure Composition Error
Method 1: Clean Boot
The clean boot is advised to be used whenever Critical structure corruption error occurs. Cleaning the boot can help in the smooth functioning of the computer system and can also disable applications which are of not much use. Follow these steps to perform the clean boot.
1. Open the run box by pressing Windows and R keys simultaneously.
2. Now in the run box, type “msconfig” and then click on OK.
3. A system configuration window will appear in which you need to expand the services section. In the services, section choose “Hide all Microsoft Services” and then click on disable all option.
4. In the startup section, there is an option to open up the task manager. Click on that option.
5. A list of items will appear in the task manager, and you have to select all those items. After selecting the items, click on end task at the bottom of the task manager.
6. Lastly, restart your system and check whether the problem has been fixed or not.
Method 2: Update the Video Drivers
Sometimes, the drivers installed on your system are incompatible, and it becomes essential to check them. If the drivers are incompatible or have become corrupted, then they are required to be updated to avoid critical structure corruption problem. Follow the given below steps for updating the video drivers.
1. Press Windows and X keys simultaneously to open up the device manager.
2. Find the display adapters option under device manager and expand it further.
3. After you expand the display adapters, you will find graphics family. Right-click on it and select update driver option.
4. Next, the system will display a window asking your permission whether to update the drivers automatically or manually. You should prefer to update the drivers automatically as the system will detect the best drivers for the system and update the drivers on its own.
5. As soon as the drivers get updated, restart your system to apply the changes and ensure whether the error has been fixed or not.
Check This Also:
Method 3: Memory Check
Since the faulty hardware can be a cause for critical structure corruption error to occur; it can also be the case that the RAM is causing this error. You have to perform a memory check as a result and for doing this follow these steps.
1. Open up the run dialogue by pressing Windows and R keys together.
2. Type “mdsched.exe” in the box and press enter.
3. A message will appear asking for your permission whether to restart the system now or later. You have to select accordingly, and the system will perform the memory check during the next restart.
4. If the error has occurred due to any problem in RAM, the memory check will identify and remove it quickly.
Method 4: Check the Event Viewer
The event viewer helps in identifying the culprit behind the critical structure corruption error and thus facilitates in immediately fixing the error. We can use the following guidelines to check the event viewer.
- Press Windows and X keys together and then choose the event viewer option.
2. In the event viewer window, you will find a Windows logs and system option on the left side. Click on the option.
You have to keep an eye on the midsection to determine whether any event occurs at the same time the blue screen error occurs. You will be easily able to determine which program is the culprit here.
Method 5: Uninstall Possible Programs
Certain programs like the Alcohol 120%, Deamon tools, MacDriver and Intel HAXM can be the cause of the critical structure corruption error. It is advised to update these programs or remove them from the system if they are installed and check whether they were the cause of the error or not.
Method 6: Windows Update
The error can also occur if the Windows are not up to date and thus it is advised to update your systems time to time to keep this error at bay. Updating the Windows involves the following steps.
- Press Windows and X keys simultaneously and then click on settings.
2. In the search bar which appears, type check for updates and press enter. Click on check for updates option and the Windows will start looking for updates if they are any. If any update is pending for your system, then update your system accordingly.
3. Finally, after updating your Windows check if the error has been resolved or not.
So no matter how complex this error may occur at first you don’t have to go into panic mode from now on. Our article has got you covered from every angle, and all you need to do is open up our website for reference whenever you face critical structure corruption error in the near future.
I’m an engineer by profession and blogger by passion. In madly love with technology. You will either find me sitting infront of laptop or chatting with friends or talking with my dad. Fav Quote: *Age is Just a Number*. My Belief : Take chances and never have regret because at one point everything you did was exactly you wanted.